Facts for all your FAQ's
(Please include your resume, references, and anything else you believe to be supplemental.)
For most positions, a hybrid commute will be required to our office in San Juan Capistrano, CA.
Who We Are
After The Tone is an audio guest book company started by our co-founders Jacob and Bailey in 2019 after using the idea for their own wedding! Our mission is to help people create, store, and relive messages with meaning from loved ones to generate human connections. After several viral Tik Toks in 2021, After The Tone was flooded with inquiries and the journey began. Originally an “In-Person” only service, we had to make the shift to offering a shipping option after receiving inquiries from all across the US and Internationally! We very much still provide In-Person services but our shipping option has become our most popular offering making up around 95% of all bookings! With that said, our team is continuing to grow and we would love for you to be a part of this journey!
What We Do
First we send our patented rotary phone to our clients and they collect voicemails from all of their guests (weddings, graduations, retirements, etc. any and all events!!!). Then they send back the phone with their recordings and we edit them together into their final audio file. Finally, we deliver this audio to them via email, with the additional option of having a USB or custom vinyl!
The Difference You Will Make
We believe everyone is equipped with a set of unique strengths and skills that can be used to create magic. Each team member plays a key role in the success of After The Tone.
We are seeking a talented and creative Head of Video to join our Marketing Department. The in-house videographer is responsible for creating high-quality video content that aligns with the company's branding and marketing strategies. This role involves shooting, editing, and producing videos for social media platforms and the company website. The Head of Video will collaborate with the marketing team to plan, execute, and deliver engaging video content that communicates the company's message and engages the target audience effectively.
- Proven experience in video shooting, editing, and content creation
- Operate video cameras, lighting equipment, and audio recording devices to capture high-quality footage
- Ensure proper framing, composition, and audio quality during filming
- Maintain and organize video equipment and accessories
- Experience with Adobe Premiere editing software
- Optimize video content for various social media platforms and the company website
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of social media trends and video optimization for various platforms
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
Typical Daily Responsibilities:
The ideal Head of Video should be excellent at conceptualizing innovative ideas that will engage our audience and be able to translate our brand aesthetic into social media assets that will live across multiple digital channels. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of visual storytelling and experience in editing trends to maximize engagement (particularly on Instagram and TikTok):
- Collaborate with the marketing team to come up with video concepts that meet our branding and messaging guidelines
- Plan and execute video shoots, including pre-production tasks, lighting, and shooting
- Edit all company videos using Adobe Premiere, juggling multiple projects at a time and delivering final versions on deadline
- Collaborate with our Head of Photo daily to produce high-quality content for the social team, blog team, and beyond
How We Will Take Care Of You:
The starting base pay for this role is between $24/per hour, DOE. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, benefits, etc.
This position is hybrid; with part time hours expected at our HQ in San Clemente, California.
Our Commitment to Inclusion and Belonging:
After The Tone is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to develop the best products, services and solutions. As Head of Video, you will have the opportunity to shape and enhance the community experience for our brand. If you are passionate about social media, community building, and creating positive interactions, we invite you to join our team and make a significant impact on our online presence. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply!
The original vintage phone audio guestbook.TM